Go to Moving Map.
Click Options and Overlays Section – Slide the Air Refueling Routes toggle on.
This file is the PDF version of the paper charts and contains the legend data not on moving map.
You must download Base map.
AeroApp iOS and Android support loading user generated maps in the mbtiles format.
a White Paper of Recommendations was provided to NGA
There are free and open source tools to create mbtiles from online basemaps as well as raster imagery.
- QGIS Desktop with the QMetaTiles or QTiles Plugin. QGIS can be stand-alone or part of OSGEO4W or OSGEOLIVE
- GDAL2TILES_Parallel.py is a python script for converting raster imagery to TMS and then running MBUTIL to package to mbtiles
- Mobile Atlas Creator -MOBAC – Online Basemaps Conversion
- Portable Basemap Server – Online Basemaps Conversion
- MapTiler (Free, Plus or Pro) – Commercial Product
- Global Mapper – Commercial Product
- ESRI ArcGIS ArcMap with the Arc2Earth Plugin – Commercial Product
The following ADS-B Receivers have been confirmed to work with AeroApp:
- Blue Tooth
- Dual XGPS 170 (ADS-B compatible)
- Dual XGPS 190 (ADS-B compatible)
- Bad Elf GPS
- Bad Elf GPS Pro
- Wi-Fi GPS’s
- Dual XGPS 150/A & 160
- Stratux (Currently GPS Only, Traffic & Wx comming soon)
- Wi-Fi GPS’s with ADSB
- SkyRadar – D2 & DX (Radenna LLC)
- iLevil Sport, 2 SW, 3SW, 2AW, 3AW (Levil Technology)
Many more to be tested…
1. Connect your iPad to a Mac or Windows computer using a USB cable.
2. Insert the DVD into your computer. If you are using a Windows computer, the screen shown at right may automatically appear.
3. Navigate to the DVD. If the screen shown at right appears, you may click Open folder to view files from the DVD.
4. Open iTunes on your computer.
5. Click on the on the iPad icon illustrated to the right.
6. The Summary of your iPad information will display in iTunes, click on Apps.
7. Type Aero App in the search box as illustrated to the right and then press Enter on your keyboard.
8. Highlight the app by clicking on it until it displays in blue.
9. Scroll down to File Sharing.
10. Click on Add File…
11. The Add to LibraryiTunes dialogue box will display as illustrated to the right.
12. Locate the data on your DVD or saved file to load the data files.
13. Highlight the files and press Open as illustrated below:
14. Click Sync and do not disconnect from your local computer until all files have loaded.
15. Open Aero App from your iPad.
16. Press App Mgmt from the Main Menu, and press Data from the Secondary Menu to view data information.
17. Press Refresh; all the data files will display in green font.
18. Press Move to Standby; a dialogue box will prompt ‘Continue?’ press Yes to confirm the loading process. Please wait.
19. The data will load to ‘Standby Dataset’ as illustrated below. Press Swap Datasets to active the current data.
20. The below will display after you have swapped the data:
Note: You can press View to display data files as illustrated to the right.
Prior to loading data using the instructions below, please see your IT specialist for further instructions.You will need to know the IP and Port Address of the location in which you load the ADS Application.
1. Install the ADS app to your Server, Windows or Mac by using the options in Section 6 substituting the reference “App-Android” to “ADS App.”
Note: If you have already loaded the ADS application go to step 2.Note: Do not load the application to your Tablet.
2. Load the Aero App data to the ADS Application by clicking Import illustrated to the right.
3. The ‘Browse For Folder’ dialogue box will display. Locate the Data Cycle on your DVD or other options available in Section 7.4.
4. While the data loads, the Import button will turn to Copying…illustrated to the right until all the data has loaded.
5. The Copying…button will revert to Import as shown in step 2 above.
6. Click on the Data button to ensure the data loaded properly.
7. The below will display with the data cycle loaded.
8. Click the Settings button as illustrated below and note the IP address and Port number.
9. From your tablet, open Aero App.
10. Press App Mgmt from the Main Menu and then Preferences from the Secondary Menu.
11. Scroll down to ‘AERO DATA SERVER’ preferences.
12. Tap on the IP address and type in the ADS Server’s IP and Port Address.
Note: The Aero Data Server’s IP and Port address has to correspond with the iPad’s IP address.
13. Press App Mgmt from the Main Menuand then Data from the Secondary Menu.
14. Press Web Download.
15. Tap on the Aero Data Server tab.
The tablet will auto connect to the loaded data files in step 2 above and is illustrated below:
16. Select the Data Cycle then press Download. Alternatively, you can load the files one by one by pressing the green check mark to the left of data file.
17. After the load takes place, go back to the Data Status screen
18. Install the data to our tablet using the instructions starting with Section 0 step 15.
1. From your tablet, open Aero App and navigate to the Data Management screen by pressing App Mgmt from the Main Menu, and press Data from the Secondary Menu.
2. Press Web Download.
3. You will see four tabs on the top of our screen and GHub is the first tab; press Connect.
4. Log in using your credentials.
For help on creating a NGA GEOINT account, refer to Appendix D. NGA GEOINT Account Registration.
5. Select the current data cycle illustrated to the right.
6. A series of .zip and .sig files will appear; press Download All, or select the data you wish to download.
Note: The iPad should not sleep or hibernate while downloading files, or the connection will be broken and any file being downloaded will be lost and have to be re-downloaded.
7. Press the File Manager tab as illustrated to the right to verify the data files were loaded.
8. Press Done in the upper right corner to take you back to the to the Data Status screen.
9. Go to Section 0, step 15 to finalize the load process.
Must also download global. It contains the data base. The regional files contain charts and plates.
Moving Map – MM are normally available 8 days before effective dates, geo-reference file 6 to 8 days before effective date bases on weather it’s a small or large cycle.
Known issue on ADS for Mac version 1806.11: If you try to open ADS on your MacBook by clicking “ADS” then “Manage” from the menu; the Dashboard does not open. You can resolve this issue by deleting this file “histogram.json located at -> /Users/Shared/ads/logs/
NGA Geoint App Store, GHub, NGA Aeronautical website. See links on this site.
Some devices are limited, so only download what you need.
Do not download the world. Only load the regions and data you need
You can also manually delete data from previous cycle.
Don’t download high charts if you are not flying over 18000 ft.
Any and all DoD personnel for DoD mission. It is not intended for recreational flying.